Spread the Word
What: Explore the power of academic and community-connected partnerships during the pan-campus Carolina Engagement Week 2023. This week-long celebration of public engagement will feature events, workshops, stories and other experiences that highlight collaborations between UNC-Chapel Hill and community partners across North Carolina.
Engagement Week 2023 is hosted by the Carolina Center for Public Service, Carolina Across 100, Innovate Carolina, UNC Rural, the Carolina Engagement Council, Center for Health Equity Research and other partners.
When: February 27-March 3, 2023
Where: UNC-Chapel Hill Campus and Virtual Sessions
Why: Carolina Engagement Week 2023 is your chance to explore the impact of community-driven partnerships powered by state and local community leaders and Carolina faculty, staff and students. By attending one or more sessions, you’ll walk away with a deeper understanding of the methods and collaborative approaches that are working throughout different parts of North Carolina. You may also identify new opportunities to engage in community initiatives designed to create social and economic impact.
Community Engagement: Engagement Week uses the Carnegie Elective Classifications definition of community engagement as “the collaboration between institutions of higher education and their larger communities (local, regional/state, national, global) for the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources in a context of partnership and reciprocity.”
Content for Email Newsletters News Releases/Posts
Please use the content below to promote Carolina Engagement week via website news posts and email newsletters.
Carolina Engagement Week 2023
A shared passion for community
How are North Carolina community leaders teaming with partners at UNC-Chapel Hill to build better opportunities for public good?
You’re invited to attend Carolina Engagement Week 2023 from February 27-March 3 to explore how state and local community leaders across the state are combining their community-specific knowledge, research expertise and proven methods for change to create a positive social and economic impact for all.
Engage Your Passion for Problem Solving
During this week-long celebration of public engagement, you can explore and attend multiple sessions and topics that you’re most passionate about. Choose from a mix of virtual sessions and in-person events that allow you to dig deep into North Carolina’s capacity for solving problems and creating new opportunities that matter most to its people. And, along the way, you just might find plenty of opportunities to get engaged yourself.
Engagement Week 2023 is hosted by the Carolina Center for Public Service, Carolina Across 100, Innovate Carolina, the ncIMPACT Initiative, the UNC Center for Health Equity Research, UNC Rural, the Carolina Engagement Council and other partners.
Sample Social Media Posts
- Join [name of presenters] on [date and time of event] for an exciting discussion about [your topic] during the ’23 Carolina Engagement Week, a week-long celebration of public engagement.
- In [name of community/ies or county served], our team of [name of partners] work together to [what your work does]. We’re happy to share this work to the world during Carolina’s second Carolina Engagement Week on [time and date of event]. Join us for this exciting [discussion/workshop/training]. #UNCEngagement #UNC #CommunityEngagement
- (Promotion) Explore community-driven partnerships and build your skills for engagement and public service by registering for one or more events during Engagement Week 2023 hosted by @The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill from February 27 to March 3. engagementweek.unc.edu #UNCEngagement #CommunityEngagement
- (Recap) It was a pleasure hosting an interactive session during Carolina Engagement Week in our discussion [about], [name of event or brief description of topic covered]. Through this presentation, and from the dozens of other presentations in this first-ever pan-campus event, we’re proud to show the impact of community engagement and partnerships.
- How do @unc and community-driven partnerships get results for people across North Carolina? Explore Carolina Engagement Week 2023, 2/27-3/03. Interactive workshops, trainings, events and more. engagementweek.unc.edu #UNCEngagement #CommunityEngagement
- Join [name of presenters] on [date and time of event] for an exciting discussion about [your topic] during Carolina Engagement Week, a week-long celebration of engagement #UNCEngagement #CommunityEngagement