Press & Promotion Kit: ‘22 Carolina Engagement Week
What: What kinds of positive impact do local communities and Carolina researchers come together to create? Explore the power of academic and community-connected partnerships during the first-ever pan-campus Carolina Engagement Week 2022. This weeklong celebration of public engagement will feature events, workshops, stories and other experiences that highlight authentic, effective and sustainable collaborations between UNC-Chapel Hill and community partners across North Carolina. More than 30 campus units and their partners will share how they are working in concert to address shared priorities that improve the lives of people across the state.
Engagement Week 2022 is hosted by the Carolina Center for Public Service, Carolina Across 100, Innovate Carolina, UNC Rural, the Carolina Engagement Council, the Office of the Chancellor, Center for Health Equity Research and other partners.
When: March 21-25, 2022
Where: UNC-Chapel Hill Campus, Virtual Sessions and Online Content
Why: Engagement Week 2022 is your chance to explore the impact of community-driven partnerships powered by state and local community leaders and Carolina researchers. By attending one or more sessions, you’ll walk away with a deeper understanding of the methods and collaborative approaches that are working effectively throughout different parts of North Carolina. You can also identify new opportunities to engage in community initiatives around the state designed to create social and economic impact.
Community Engagement: Engagement Week uses the Carnegie Elective Classifications definition of community engagement as “the collaboration between institutions of higher education and their larger communities (local, regional/state, national, global) for the mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge and resources in a context of partnership and reciprocity.”
Content for Email Newsletters News Releases/Posts
Please use the content below to promote Carolina Engagement week via website news posts and email newsletters.
Carolina Engagement Week 2022
A shared passion for shaping community
How are North Carolina community leaders teaming with researchers at UNC-Chapel Hill to build better opportunities for public good?
You’re invited to attend Carolina Engagement Week 2022 March 21-25 to explore how state and local community leaders across the state are combining their community-specific knowledge, research expertise and proven methods for change to create a positive social and economic impact for all.
Engage Your Passion for Problem Solving
During this weeklong celebration of public engagement, you can explore and attend multiple sessions and topics that you’re most passionate about. Choose from a mix of virtual sessions, in-person events and online content that allow you to dig deep into North Carolina’s capacity for solving problems and creating new opportunities that matter most to its people. And, along the way, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to get engaged yourself.
- History and Culture
- Economic Development and Community-Building
- Disaster Preparedness and Response
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Health and Environment
This celebration brings into focus a wide range of rural-to-urban, coast-to-mountain perspectives, practical insights and case studies of place-based research presented through a variety of formats:
- Workshops and Trainings
- Web Stories
Engagement Week 2022 is hosted by the Office of the Chancellor, the Carolina Center for Public Service, Carolina Across 100, Innovate Carolina, UNC Rural, the Carolina Engagement Council and other partners. We celebrate the community partners who are working with more than 30 schools, departments and other units at UNC-Chapel Hill to share their expertise and experiences.
Sample Social Media Posts
- Why am I attending Carolina Engagement Week? I’ll give you 30 reasons! Explore our growing list of @UNC campus and community partners who will share their public impact through events, posters, stories, more. engagementweek.unc.edu #UNCEngagement #CommunityEngagement
- Join [name of presenters] on [date and time of event] for an exciting discussion about [your topic] during the ’22 Carolina Engagement Week, a weeklong celebration of public engagement.
- Rural-to-urban. Coast-to-mountains. At Carolina Engagement Week, you’ll see how @uncchapelhill researchers and community experts from across #NC are building creative partnerships for the public good. #UNCEngagement #UNC #CommunityEngagement
- In [name of community/ies or county served], our team of [name of partners] work together to [what your work does]. We’re happy to share this work to the world during Carolina’s first-ever pan-campus Carolina Engagement Week on [time and date of event]. Join us for this exciting [discussion/workshop/training]. #UNCEngagement #UNC #CommunityEngagement
- What methods of community engagement and place-based academic research are working in North Carolina? Explore sessions and online content during Engagement Week 2022 hosted by @The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill from March 21 to 25. engagementweek.unc.edu #UNCEngagement #CommunityEngagement
- It was an absolute pleasure presenting at the ’22 Carolina Engagement Work in our discussion [about], [name of event or brief description of topic covered]. Through this presentation, and from the dozens of other presentations in this first-ever pan-campus event, we’re proud to show the impact of community engagement and partnerships.
- How do @unc and community-driven partnerships get results for people across North Carolina? Explore Carolina Engagement Week 2022, 3/21-25. More than 30+ workshops, trainings, talks, stories, more. engagementweek.unc.edu #UNCEngagement #CommunityEngagement
- Join [name of presenters] on [date and time of event] for an exciting discussion about [your topic] during the ’22 Carolina Engagement Week, a weeklong celebration of public engagement #UNCEngagement #CommunityEngagement